Maybe you’ve been looking for a job for a while, with little to show for all your efforts.
Maybe you’re about to be laid off, or fear you may be looking for a job soon.
If you’re already mired in a job search, you probably found out that job search has changed a lot in the last few years. Suddenly the game plan is completely different and no one gave you the new rules.
Briefly, here’s what you need to do:
- Get clear on what kind of job you want, who your target employers are, what their needs are, how you can help them and who their key hiring decision makers are.
- Define your executive brand and differentiate your unique ROI value from your competition.
- Get your resume, bio and other career marketing materials together as the foundation for your brand communications.
- Move your brand communications online with LinkedIn and other social media, and start building a diverse, vibrant online presence.
- Put your online and offline brand communications to work in all your networking efforts.
- Work on circumventing the gatekeepers at your target companies and connecting directly with the key hiring decision makers where they hang out online and offline.
- Cultivate relationships with several executive recruiters who specialize in your niche.
- Prepare to excel in job interviews.
Hop over to Executive Career Brand for a round-up of 17 of my best blog posts on the above items.
photo by Angela Penny