C.G. Lynch at CIO.com put together an extensive compilation of his posts on getting the best out of LinkedIn. He offers “advice on how to build a strong profile, practice good etiquette, manage connections and recommendations, and stand out to recruiters and employers with the social networking service.” Bookmark this page!
Among over a dozen posts are the following:
1. LinkedIn Etiquette: Five Dos and Don’ts
Bad practices on LinkedIn can alienate your connections and turn off potential employers considering you.
2. LinkedIn Profiles: Avoid the Six Most Common Mistakes
LinkedIn expert Jason Alba describes the most common mistakes he sees on profiles in these areas: personal photo, professional headline, website labels, vanity URL, and summary.
3. On LinkedIn, Who Should You Connect With?
Pay more attention to the quality of the people you choose to connect with than trying to amass a huge network.
4. How to Use LinkedIn Company Profiles For Job Hunt, Networking
By researching company profiles, you can prepare for interviews and learn what skills they value to see how you measure up.
5. LinkedIn Recommendations: Five Ways to Make The Most of Them
Make sure you tap the right people for recommendations. Send the right message to potential employers.
6. LinkedIn’s Most Unusual Members: Meet The Super-Connected
Some power LinkedIn users and how they leverage LinkedIn for job search and business-building.
My Best of LinkedIn Tips and Resources
Karen Callahan says
Thanks, Meg. Great info for all professionals, not just executives.