Are you a Mega-Brand, Super-Brand, Up-and-Coming Brand, or Potential Brand?
Reach Personal Branding, where I earned my Certified Personal Branding Strategist credential, offers a compelling personal branding quiz. Take the quiz on their site and find out how well-branded you are.
Here’s a portion of it. Can you honestly answer “yes” to the following questions?
1. Can you state your five most relevant and compelling brand attributes (adjectives that describe you)?
2. Do you know what those around you would say is your greatest strength?
3. Are you clear about your greatest weakness – what could be holding you back from achieving your goals?
4. Do you know how your self-perceptions differ from the perceptions from those around you?
5. When people introduce you, do they all use the same words to describe you?
6. Can you clearly describe what differentiates you from your competitors or colleagues?
7. Do you have a brand positioning statement that describes: what you offer, for whom and how you are different?
8. Can you clearly describe your target audience – those people who need to know about you so that you can achieve your goals?
9. Do you have your own web site or home on the World Wide Web that showcases your success?
10. Have you published or e-published an article in the past three months?
11. Do you mark every project with your personal brand (every meeting, report, etc.)?
12. Do you have a strong professional network?
13. Do you communicate regularly with members of your network (e.g. sending e-mail, having phone conversations, etc.)?
14. Have you pro-actively done something valuable for a member of your network this week?
15. Do you hold a leadership role in a professional or philanthropic organization?
16. Do you belong to at least two social networking sites (i.e. LinkedIn, Facebook)?
17. Do you have a plan for increasing your visibility inside your organization (i.e. contribution to the corporate intranet, volunteering to deliver presentations, etc.)?
18. Do you regularly google yourself and pro-actively manage your brand on the World Wide Web?
19. Do you have an area of thought-leadership or specific point of view that you are known for?
20. Do you know the next step in the evolution of your brand (i.e. What you need to do next to increase your visibility among your target audience members)?
If you’ve already done these exercises or you’re following these branding guidelines, you have the grist for a high-impact personal brand.