A book on how to land a job that gets down to the nitty-gritty and actually includes scripts to deal with a wide range of networking, interviewing and job search situations and scenarios.
From cold calls, emails and informational interviews, to interacting with VIPs on social media, creating a natural-sounding, branded intro spiel to new people, and so much more.
Thanks to Laura Labovich and Miriam Salpeter for giving us this much-needed powerhouse book, with the words to say and write when we ask people for help in reaching our career goals.
I was delighted to contribute to the book a few short, impactful pitches when networking in-person. Here’s one of them:
“I’m a start-up CEO and business development leader in high-tech. I convince Fortune 500 companies to risk multi-million dollar commitments on the new, untried products of emerging enterprises.”
The book chapters include:
- How to Inform Your Network You’re Searching for a Job
- How to Contact and Inform Potential References about Your Search
- How to Solicit, Secure, and Succeed at an Informational Interview
- How to Network at Events (and Make It Easy to Follow Up)
- How to Reach VIPs
- How to Be Generous in Your Job Search
. . . and comprehensive advice on communicating professionally via social media, including LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Google+.
Buy the book on Amazon.