The first book about personal branding written for the millennial generation by a millennial, Dan Schawbel’s Me 2.0: Build a Powerful Brand to Achieve Career Success will be an invaluable resource for career success in this shaky economy.
To be published by Kaplan on April 7th, the book teaches people how to use social media tools for personal brand building.
Some highlights from the book include:
- A proven 4-step process for building a powerful brand (discover, create, communicate, maintain).
- Tips on using social media tools for personal empowerment, confidence building, and professional networking in order to attract jobs directly to you, without applying!
- Tested advice on how to create an online and offline presence for career protection and self-promotion.
- Over 40 expert quotes from leaders including Don Tapscott, Guy Kawasaki, Penelope Trunk, and David Kirkpatrick of Fortune Magazine, among others.
- More than 70 research reports, three personal case studies and examples to give you a broader perspective on the topic.
A few advance accolades:
“Dan Schawbel’s thorough and systematic approach will prove useful to anyone engaged in a job search, or more accurately looking to find the right career.”
– Dipak C. Jain, Dean, Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University
“Developing a personal brand is one of the best ways to prepare for a successful future. Read Me 2.0 and learn the secrets of personal branding from Dan Schawbel, one of the leading voices on the subject!”
– Marshall Goldsmith, the New York Times and Wall Street Journal #1 bestselling author of What Got You Here Won’t Get You There
“There is a path in this book. It leads through reality all the way to truth. In this landmark book, Dan Schawbel reveals how you can and must be your own brand. It will be your most powerful marketing weapon — if you do it right. And in these pages are the keys to doing it right.”
– Jay Conrad Levinson, father of guerilla marketing and author of the “Guerilla Marketing” series of books with over 20 million sold in 60 languages
Dan Schawbel on Would Your Personal Brand Survive Without the Internet?
Meg Guiseppi says
Thanks for commenting, Jun, and for including the link to your wonderful interview with Dan.
Beautifully done! You struck a nice balance between delivering hard-hitting questions and drawing out and showcasing the genuine Dan.
Listening to your dialog really drives home what a powerhouse Dan is. And he’s so likeable! No wonder he rightly has so many evangelists, turning people on to the value of personal branding.
Jun Loayza says
Meg, Dan is such an impressive individual and I really look forward to reading his book this week.
I want to share the exclusive video interview I did with Dan Schawbel with you and your readers. You can check out the video here.
Hope that the video is very valuable to you and your readers
Meg Guiseppi says
Thanks for commenting, Sharon.
I tell my C-level executive clients that building an online brand has become an essential job search strategy. Luckily, there are so many tools at their disposal to get to work on it.
Sharon Wilson says
Social media is becoming a powerful tool, I’m glad more and more resources are becoming available.