Are you getting nowhere fast in your executive job search? You know you must be doing something wrong, but you can’t figure out what it is?
Maybe it’s because you haven’t actively searched in a long time. Today’s search doesn’t look or work like it did even a year or two ago. Maybe you just don’t know what you need to do to accelerate your search and land your next great gig.
I’ve compiled a list of 16 mistakes I see many executives making in their job search.
Here are the first 5. Do any of them sound like you?
1. Not getting clear on where you’re going next.
2. Sitting in front of your computer all day, burying your nose in the job boards.
3. Not researching your target companies and industries.
4. Failing to re-connect and engage your neglected network while proactively reaching out to fresh faces.
5. Not treating your job search like it’s a full-time job.
Read the whole list, with advice on how to do it right, at Executive Career Brand.