Get yourself into a regular routine (say, once a week or a few times a month) of posting status updates to your profile.
Your updates sit at the top of your profile, so will likely be one of the first things people see when reviewing your profile. Your LinkedIn network is notified of your updates, keeping you top of mind with them, if you set up this action in “Settings”.
Some ideas for updates:
- An online article, blog post, or white paper you’ve published
- An event or seminar you’re presenting
- A new project you’re working on
- A promotion, transfer or new assignment
- A comment you’ve made on a relevant blog that demonstrates your subject matter expertise
- Professional development, training or new certification
- A significant accomplishment or contribution to your company
- Activities with your networks or LinkedIn Groups
- An important seminar or event you’ll be attending or have attended
- A community project you’re working on
Remember to add a link to more about the update, if applicable. The “updates” spot on your profile represents another opportunity to brand your profile with relevant key words, so keep your brand and ROI value in mind when you post an update.