Larry Cheng (@larryvc on Twitter) a Boston-based VC, has compiled a powerhouse directory of over 100 VC blogs, ranked by number of Google Reader subscribers, on his new blog Thinking About Thinking.
Here are the top 10, including Google Reader # of subscribers and Twitter handles. Go to his blog for the full list:
1. Guy Kawasaki, Garage Technology Ventures, How To Change The World (17,555) @guykawasaki
2. Fred Wilson, Union Square Ventures, A VC (11,821) @fredwilson
3. David Hornik, August Capital, VentureBlog (7,060) @davidhornik
4. Brad Feld, Foundry Group, Feld Thoughts (6,434) @bfeld
5. Marc Andreesen, TBD, Blog.pmarca.com (5,099) @pmarca_blog
6. Josh Kopelman, First Round Capital, Redeye VC (3,310) @joshk
7. Ed Sim, Dawntreader Ventures, Beyond VC (3,239) @edsim
8. Jeremy Liew, Lightspeed Ventures Partners, LSVP (2,973) @jeremysliew
9. Bill Gurley, Benchmark Capital, Above The Crowd (2,257) @bgurley
10. Jeff Nolan, SAP Ventures, Venture Chronicles (1,528) @jeffnolan
What can you do with this list?
♦ These could be good blogs to include in your blog commenting strategy to build your online brand identity. Start or add to relevant conversations and connect with these leaders on their blogs, LinkedIn, Twitter, and other places. Bloggers love to be acknowledged and to spark good conversation. Begin to position yourself as a subject matter expert.
♦ Locate possible leads for your VC initiatives or career search.
♦ Be sure to check out each one’s blog roll to see who they’re reading.
♦ These blogs will probably be good reading and lead you to many other valuable resources.
Larry promises to update the directory quarterly and to write bi-weekly summaries highlighting the best VC blog posts from this directory, so keep an eye on his blog.